January 2020 Newsletter
Happy New Year!!!
We hope you have the best year ever! It’s great to have everyone back after the restful holiday break. This month the students will be exploring winter science and talking about time and seasons. Why do we change from 2019 to 2020? We will also review classroom rules and manners. Of course, we will continue to help your student advance in all subjects.
Empty Stocking & Christmas Parties
Thank you for your generous donations for the Empty Stocking Program. Your efforts brought joy to the lives of many children! Thank you also for all the Christmas party contributions. The students had such a great time!
New Year’s Resolutions
In order for your student to receive the maximum benefit from our program, please join us in these new year resolutions.
- Have your student arrive by 7:45 each morning. The main reasons arriving on time is so important for your student include:
- We serve a nutritious breakfast until 7:45am
- The late student is on a different schedule than the other students and may miss important lessons
- Late arrivals interrupt the other students
- Make school a 'cell-free zone' so that you can give your student your undivided attention.
- Keep personal toys/electronic at home.
- Do not bring high-sugar foods to school. This means no donuts, sugary drinks, candy, gum, etc. We strive to serve nutritious whole grain, low sugar foods.
- Make sure all of your student’s possessions have their name on them. Check the hooks for lost items. Putting names on possessions helps us get these items back to you.
- Most important of all - spend more quality time with your child.
Take time each day to read with your student. Have conversations about daily activities. Be a positive role model for your child. Children need your interest, positive guidance, and unconditional love.
K-12TH GRADE CLASSES RESUME WEDNESDAY JANUARY 8TH